Allen Valleys Local History
Group outside Sinderhope Chapel. Early 1900s?
Final service at Whiteley Shield Chapel, September 2015
Church at Carrshields – since demolished.
Tedham Wesleyan Chapel was on the roadside at Spartylea. It was built in 1862 but demolished before the first World War, the stone being used for local buildings.
Keenley Wesleyan Chapel has managed to survive – still in use in 2001. Built in 1750 after John Wesley’s visit to Keenley, it was later rebuilt in 1875.
Ashleigh House hosting the Methodist Garden Party.
Former Primitive Methodist chapel (Bethel) at ‘Dirt Pot’, Allenheads. Now converted into a privately run Outdoor centre.
Friends Meeting House at Townhead, Alston.
Allendale Trinity Methodist Chapel, Shield Street Still in use when this entry was made (2003)
Doves Pool, Allenheads. Primitive Methodist Church, built 1841
‘The Hagg’ Quaker, Jane Stephenson lived here in the late 1600’s
Interior of Allendale Trinity methodist chapel.
Commerative plaque on wall of Dale Hotel.
Interior of Allenheads Methodist church (Wesleyan) just before closure.
Corn Mill, Allendale.
Catton village square
Dedication of 1st World War Memorial – the Lychgate at St. Cuthbert’s Church, Allendale. Lady Allendale assisting in the dedication.