Allen Valleys Local History
Final service at Whiteley Shield Chapel, September 2015
The Range at Low Howe, Leadgate,West Allen. Shop destroyed by fire in 1765 – John Clark
‘The Duckett’, Station Road. The Range (Dolly Black)
Kitchen Range, Maggie G.
Interior of Allendale Trinity methodist chapel.
Allendale Cinema, now the church hall. The projection room was above the present kitchen accessed (until January 2003) by stairs at the far end of the kitchen.
Interior of Allenheads Methodist church (Wesleyan) just before closure.
Interior of The Duckett showing the single storey room converted from the old byre.
The Duckett, Station Road, Allendale – home of the ‘Blacks’ – Dolly, Hal and Peggy. (see 0022036).
The Duckett, Station Road, Allendale.Home of the Black family – Dolly, Hal and Peggy. Showing the living room and old range.
Renovation of Dawson Place Hall by Scout Group.
The Duckett, Station Road, Allendale. This single storey part of the house was created from the old byre.
The Duckett, Station Road, Allendale. View of living room with old range.
The Duckett, Station Road, Allendale. Entrance with the original stone flagged floor.
Dawson Place Hall – Scout group busy replacing the floor.
Dawson Place – Scout base – tackling the problem of dry rot. The floor and joists were replaced. Sadly the problem returned again just 10 years later.
Interior of St Cuthberts Church, Allendale
Peck Riding. Old Dye House, interior.
Jim Walton, working at the Allenheads mine.
Allenheads Methodist Church Interior just before it’s closure in August 2000 when it was 100 years old. Fiona Thompson (wife of minister, Rev. David Thompson) is sat to the left of the photo.