Allen Valleys Local History
Ashleigh – rear view from golf course.
Kings Head riding stables. Harry Lancaster with Gypsy.
The second ‘Brideshill’ School. Built by W.B. Beaumont in 1857 for the education of children of all religious denominations.
Alexander Walton, son Thomas and grandchildren. Blacksmith’s, Thornley Gate. The road now goes left of the tree.
Mr Howe, the joiner. His daughter married Henderson Philipson – Stobbart – Johnson, two sons Percy and Jack, two daughters Kathleen and Eva.
Building to the right of picture is Alexander Walton, Blacksmith. There are two steam vehicles parked here – possibly a hay sledge and dray.
The very first ‘Brideshill’ School built in the early 1700’s