Allen Valleys Local History
Jacky Gibson, Catton.
Catton village – viewed from Housty
Catton bank, near Crown, visitors enjoy a ride.
G. Glendinning, Catton
Kitchen Range, Maggie G.
Wilf. Parke, Catton
Railway Station at Catton. Opened in 1865 and ran passenger trains from 1869 – 1930. Finally closed in 1950.
German prisoners of war. Huts were built on land behind the Methodist chapel. They returned to Germany in 1947.
Trucks being loaded with coal at Catton Station.
Jack Thompson, Catton
Jacky Bains from Catton sat on an armoured car
Catton village square
Thought to be either: W. Dinning of Highfield, Catton, or Norman Walton, Bank Manager.
Catton village centre. School building on far right Village water pump inside the enclosure.
Entering Catton with the Crown Hotel on the right, through a wall of snow.
G. Robertson, Catton HMS Hawkins
Billy Pringle and Mary Ridley, Catton Mill Cottages.
William Pigg, Catton
J.R.Pringle (Jim), Catton Sgt. RAF