Allen Valleys Local History
Carrshield Village School 1957
Village children celebrate the Queen’s golden jubilee.
Carrshield residents at the Millennium
Collecting water for washing day in Carrshield early 1950s.
Carrshield School, class of 1954
Whiteley Shield chapel, Carrshield. Built in 1857 it is still in use.
Whitely Shield Chapel, Carrshield, built in 1857. Roof repairs carried out in 2000. Still in use (2001)
Carrshield church, built with money given by the Beaumont family, for the lead mining families in 1822. It was demolished in the 1950’s
Ridley Reeds farm
Whiteley Shield Farm
Carrshield School – another ‘Beaumont’ school for the miners’ children. After it closed it was used by the County as a field study centre. In more recent years it has been converted to residential accommodation and a craft/art centre.